This session discusses nuclear arms control agreements in light of the NPT Review Conference, and aims to address the following questions: Has the NPT been effective? Is a new focus on the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons merited? What of the Hiroshima Urgent Appeal, signed last summer, calling for a renewed commitment to international arms control and disarmament?
- Peter Hayes, Director of Nautilus Institute and APLN Research Director (Moderator)
- Nobuyasu Abe, Former UN Under-Secretary General for Disarmament Issues
- Des Browne, Vice-President of Nuclear Threat Initiative
- Sook Kim, Former Korean Ambassador to UN and currently Chairman, Strategic Planning and Coordination Committee, National Council on Climate and Air Quality
- Ramesh Thakur, Emeritus Professor of the Australian National University